A Peek Over The Plans: Maricopa is Building a Bright Future (Volume 13)
MARICOPA, AZ – August 6, 2020
Contractors, developers, and small business owners have been utilizing our existing virtual services to ensure that their projects continue on schedule! Maricopa continues to ensure work gets done while still being responsible and following public health guidelines and instructions. Below is a recap of development near Maricopa Library and Cultural Center, one of the many exciting projects happening around our city. During the development process the project may change slightly from what is depicted. Visit the City of Maricopa, Arizona–Government Facebook page for the latest in project updates.
Maricopa Library and Cultural Center
The new public library will be more than 25,000 square feet and sit on 5.49 acres, with areas for outdoor programming and landscaping. The complex will be located south of City Hall and the current police station off of White and Parker Road.
Currently under construction, the library is cruising towards a March 2021 opening. When completed, the project will provide triple the existing public library space within the City of Maricopa. The addition of a new library is warranted to keep up with the growth of the city.
The new library will have new special areas including:
• A story-time area for children with a great rubber floor for comfortable sitting and playing
• Children’s craft room
• A room designed just for teens with areas for studying and other programs
• A technology lab for all things digital
• Creation lab for adult oriented crafts and maker’s programs
• Three private study rooms
• Conference room for ten
• Places to sit in very comfortable chairs and look out at beautiful landscaping and read a book or magazine
• New Library of Things coming!
• New items added to the collection
We can’t wait for you to see everything that we have in store!
The Cultural Center will have spaces available for rental including: Large meeting room that can fit about 100 people or capable of being split into two smaller rooms. A large atrium that will be a great place to have art exhibits, music, speakers, or events. Indoor and outdoor programming areas.