The residents of Maricopa enjoy a high quality of life wtith numerous educational options, healthcare services, and recreational amenities already developed or under construction. A focus on family and those activities that support a healthy family lifestyle is very apparent from a visit to Pacana Park, the library built in 2009 and actively utilized, to attendance at City Council and School Board meetings where the issues and needs of families is always a high priority.
The nine campuses of the Maricopa Unified School District are either newly constructed or remodeled. Two of the three charter schools serving Maricopa families enjoy completely new and modern facilities. Education is a high priority as recognized by Central Arizona College which has purchased 217 acres for a regional Maricopa Campus which opened Phase I in January of 2013.
Nonprofit organizations are abundant adding value and quality to the lives of Maricopans.
A local active adult community, Province by Meritage Homes, is rated as one of the top adult living environments in the United States. Residents in this area enjoy a gated community with many lakes and an abundance of trees and green landscaping refreshing their daily lives. The community center is vast including not only indoor and outdoor pools, exercise room, many activity rooms and a ballroom.
In keeping with the City of Maricopa's heritage, there are many public events to embrace and celebrate our rich history. There are annual events such as:
- - Founder's Day
- - Salsa Festival
- - Stagecoach Days (the Butterfield Stage lines ran through Maricopa)
- - Great American Barbecue
- - Holiday Homes on Parade
- - Parent/Child Fishing Derby
Some other facts about our City:
- - Short distance between two major metropolitan areas: Phoenix and Tucson
- - The average household income in the City of Maricopa is $75,000; this is among the highest in the state of Arizona
- - The City of Maricopa is approximately 45 square miles in size
- - Approximately 61 percent of City residents hold a bachelors degree or graduate degree.
- - Average temperature is 71.7 degrees - with monthly averages ranging from 35 to 107 degrees
- - Average age of citizens is 27.5 years